Selling tickets to your event can be one of the hardest parts of organizing it. You want as many people as possible to attend and you’re so excited about your event that you’ll probably be prepared to sell tickets for next-to-nothing in order to get people through the door. But how? And where do you start?
Thankfully, there are ways to sell tickets online that make things much easier for you and your prospective ticket buyers. With the right tools, selling your tickets online should take less than half an hour. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the three steps you need to take in order to sell tickets online effectively.
Step One: Find the Right Ticketing Platform
As with any business, you need to start by finding the right platform to sell your tickets on. There are plenty of online ticketing platforms out there, but not all of them are created equal. To sell your tickets online, you’ll want to look for a ticketing platform that:
- Allows you to integrate your website;
- Provides a simple to use interface;
- Allows you to collect payment in various ways, such as credit card or PayPal;
- Comes with ticket analytics, to help you gain insight into your sales;
- Has a large user base, so you can better connect with potential customers;
- Offers additional features for a small fee, like on-site ticket scanning, which means less legwork for you;
- Has a large, active community, where you can get help and advice when you need it.
One of the best ticketing platforms that has all this features and will fit any type of the event is TicketsCandy. They are completely free for event organizers and offer a great selection of tools to a successful event management.
Step Two: Set up Your Event Page
Once you’ve signed up for the platform you want to use, it’s time to start setting up your event page. This is the main point of contact between you and your potential customers, so it’s important to get it right. To set up your event page, you will need to provide the following:
- A title: This is the first thing people will see, so you want it to be powerful.
- A short description: Your description should be engaging and should give visitors a quick idea of what the event is about.
- A long description: This should go into a bit more detail and should include any information that might be useful to potential attendees.
- Event date: Include the exact dates of your event, so there’s no confusion.
- Event time: Again, be specific.
- Venue: Include the address of your event venue.
- Ticket prices: Make sure you’re being honest about how much tickets will cost.
- Ticket quantity: You’ll want to sell as many tickets as possible.
- Ticket types: Make sure to detail any different types of tickets you’re selling, so people know what they get for the price.
- Ticket availability: Let people know how many tickets are still left.
- Payment options: Let people know how and where they can pay for their ticket.
- Attendee information: Include any information you think is important for attendees, such as rules of conduct.
- Ticket information: Include information about your ticket format, like QR codes, PDFs or E-tickets.
Step Three: Promote and Sell Your Tickets
Once you’ve set up your event page, you can start promoting your event to people who might be interested. You can do this in a few different ways:
- You can send an email to the people on your mailing list, inviting them to your event.
- You can share your event online, on social media and on online forums, so they can see it there.
- You can send out printed flyers and posters, inviting people to your event.
- You can set up paid advertisements on Facebook or Google, so you can reach a wider audience.
- You can host a contest or giveaway.
Now that you’ve taken these steps, you should be well on your way to selling your tickets online, without having to put in too much extra effort. To help you sell more tickets and turn more people into event attendees, make sure you take full advantage of the features offered by your chosen ticketing platform.